Pastor Post - June 27, 2018
This week in Romans 8 we will talk about “Facing Life With Confidence,” from Romans 8:26-30.
As you read over the text for this Sunday, ponder the following:
- Verse 26 says the Spirit “helps us in our weakness.” What other passages talk about the Holy Spirit’s role in comforting and helping us?
- Have you experienced times in life that were so heavy you didn’t know how to pray? Times when all you could do was groan in pain or perplexity? According to verses 26-27, how does the Spirit help us in such times?
- How has the promise of verse 28 helped sweeten the trials in your life?
- Who is on the receiving end of the incredible promise of verse 28?
- According to verse 29, what is the ultimate good that God is working all things for in our lives?
- Verse 30 has been called a “golden chain of salvation.” What are the links in that chain?
I’m looking forward to seeing you this Sunday, as we dig into an amazingly rich and comforting text. Until then, keep looking to Jesus and sharing him with those around you. Who could you invite to church this Sunday?
By His Grace, For His Glory, To The Nations,
Dr. Thurman Hayes, Jr.